Continous Ridge Vent
Light Transmitting Panel
Sliding Glass Window
Sculptured Eave Gutter
Downspout W/45 degree angle
Door Jam Trim
Anchor Blot Plan - A plan view drawing showing the diameter and location of all anchor blots.
Base Angle - An angle secured to a foundation used to attach the bottom of wall paneling.
Beams & Column - A structural system consisting of a series of rafter beams supported by the columns.
Cee Channel - A piece of red metal in the shape of a "C" formed from steel coil. This is a very common piece.
Foam Closures - "Bird Blockers" A strip formed to the shape of the panel used to keep water, insects, birds, and rodents out from underneath the sheeting.
Framed Opening - Framing material and flashing that surround an opening.
Gable - The "A" framed portion of the end wall.
Main Frame - The collection of rafters and columns that support the secondary framing and transfer loads directly to the foundation.
Zee Channel - A piece of red metal commonly used that supports roof covering and carries the load weight to the main frame.
When purchasing a metal building...
- Make sure Anchor Bolts are included.
- Make sure the wall and the roof sheets are 26 ga. metal with 20 year warranty.
- Make sure your trim is 26 ga. metal w/ 20 year warranty.*
- Make sure the freight and taxes are figured in the price.
- Consider that other companies rarely figure overhead doors into the building price. They typically just figure the framed openings. Don't get caught here!
- Consider that most other companies do not figure insulation.
*Some companies use 29 guage metal, which is inadequate and results in a wavy trim appearance.